Product Description & Reviews
Brackish cummerbunds are a work of art that are completely unique and individual. Brackish repurposes the beauty of nature by recycling feathers into one of a kind cummerbunds. The intricate production process, in which the feathers are individually hand selected, cleaned, paired, and crafted, requires 15 hours to complete. Brackish sustainably sources feathers from all over the United States. When birds molt, they lose their feathers, which are usually thrown out. No birds were harmed for their feathers. Brackish cummerbunds are handmade by a team of artisans in Charleston, South Carolina.
Features & Highlights
- We've taken over a 2 years to develop and perfect another classic statement piece: the feather cummerbund. Each piece uses over 300 guinea feathers and 15 hours of labor right here in our Charleston SC studio. Using a technique similar to our bow ties, feathers are laid down a specific way to adhere to a 4 panel pattern
- We hand stitch individual ribbing for a segmented look using a high quality grosgrain cloth and silk linen backing
- We keep our eye on detail, history, and tradition. Our grosgrain cloth is a perfect combination of durability (does not wear as easily as satin), understated elegance, and an homage to classic tailoring and formal attire. Our grosgrain cloth's texture and matte finish provide another fine and thoughtful detail on this one-of-a kind statement piece for your next formal event
- Pairs well with the Guinea, Green Pond or Slate bow tie designs or can be worn on its own. Packaged in a custom made wooden storage box wrapped in natural linen and hand branded
- 24.5" long x 5.5" high not including adjustable elastic bands with hook closures. Fits as is up to 45" around waist with extra seam allowance on both sides for tailored expansion if needed
|Package Weight:||1.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||9.02 x 2.99 x 2.99 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.